MAHTARI EXPRESS SEWA, An Innovative Initiative of District, Administration: BILASPUR.
Locations of Mahtari Express Sewa ( bilaspur district)
- Started in may,2009 at the direction of the Collector, Bilaspur Mr Sonmoni Borah,IAS, who conceptualised & designed the model for bilaspur
- First and only of its kind in the state
- Innovative and based on PPP model
- Vehicle/Ambulance available at door step free of cost on a phone call round the clock to transport the pregnant women to the nearest health centre.
- Aim is to reduce IMR and MMR by safe delivery by timely intervention.
- To Provide referral facility at door step .
- Increase institutional delivery for safe motherhood.
Status of Institutional Delivery Year 2010_11
Status of MES service in 2010_11
Total Inst. Del with & without MES
Block wise MES cases
Current status of Delivery points in District - Bilaspur.
- CHC 10
- PHC 44
- SHC 90
- Total 144
- Address & involvement of local public representatives and functionaries in public meeting/Gram sabha, etc
- By ANMs/MPWs
- By Mitanin
- PRIs members
- Use Electronic media
- Use Print media
- Wall writing/ kala-jattha
- Jatan utsav/mahila jagriti shivir,etc
- Banners and posters
- Display of contact Number of MES in all public places viz AWWC, Panchayat Bhawan, School, Market place etc.
- Public representatives/PRIs
- Private partners
- Local NGO’s
- Corporate Houses
Vehicle : criteria
- New or at least one year old.
- 24 hrs availability.
- Available on phone call.
- Total responsibility will be shared jointly by the owner & BMO.
- Availability of first-aid-kit.
The Mahtari Driver
- Fit, well mannered & reasonably smart.
- Legal driving license.
- Well Dressed.
dress code-near future
- Preferably educated.
- Availablility round the clock on mobile phone.
- Training for good 7 professional behavior.
- Rs. 250/- will be paid on each call of a fixed distance.
- Rs. 500/- will be paid more if patient will be referred to higher centre (DH/MC from CHC)
- The money will be paid on monthly basis on 5th of every next month.
- In case of Govt vehicle the money will be deposited in local JDS.
- Strategic availability in every 20 Km.
- Establishment of District Call Centre (DCC) with Toll Free Number.
- Complete privatization.
- Set up more equipped delivery points.
- Training at all level.
- Supportive supervision.
- Protocol of treatment & FRU